Thursday, March 26, 2009

Mr. Ask a Question in Class to Try to Look Smarter Guy

Mark has a great article on a pet peeve of mine.

  • This is one of the most frustrating things about Christian colleges.  I have never known or heard of students arguing or enlightening their professors at public universities.  For Christians, all it seems to take is a New Testament survey class, and one is ready to show the teacher his errors.  
  • This really bugs me because I am paying about $33 an hour to set in class and be taught the views of my professors. I am not paying to hear what “Mr. Ask a Question in Class to Try to Look Smarter Guy” thinks. The only time I believe that questions should be asked in class is when one does not understand what is being taught or needs more explanation on the topic.  If you want to argue you need to do it after class.  I think that Mark's article should be passed out to every student that applies to seminary.

No comments:

Post a Comment