Friday, March 13, 2009

About Me

I grew up in a godly home in Indiana. During my teenage years, I was well on my way to abandoning the faith. God in his mercy though had other plans in mind.

For reasons I still don’t understand, I decided to attend Christian college for a year. While there I got involved in local church ministry. Slowly over time, I began to see that God had changed my desires. More than anything, I wanted to serve him full-time as a pastor.

I have graduated Summa Cum Laude from both Heritage Baptist College in Franklin, IN (Bachelor of Arts with a major in Pastoral Studies) and Faith Baptist Theological Seminary in Ankeny, IA (Masters of Arts with an emphasis in Pastoral Theology). I am also currently pursuing my M.Div. degree from Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.

I am thankful for God’s blessing in my life, and I am eager to see where he will lead me.

*I have had the opportunity to lead visitation, children, and youth ministries in the local church. Currently, I lead Brownsburg Baptist Church's Sunday School, Preschool, Young Adult Group, and Discipleship Ministries.

About this Blog

I like to call this a “thought blog.” By that I mean, you will be able to see the different issues that are currently on my mind. You will find theology, practical and devotional articles as well as book reviews.

Purpose

Imago Christi by James Stalker is one of my favorite devotional works. Stalker follows the life of Christ and points out the example that He has left us. In the same way, I hope that this blog will uplift my Lord and encourage all of us to follow in His steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment